Thursday, June 30, 2011

Thursday - June 30, 2011


I tried to send these pictures and a few others last night but I couldn't get my blog to behave. Maybe I was trying to send too many pictures at one time. If this works, I will send some more pictures and comments today.
As I'm sure at least some of you know, the University of South Carolina won the College World Series championship for the second consecutive time on Tuesday. Very few people believed they could win last year and no one even imagined that that they could do it again this year!
I don't usually follow college baseball very closely (I'm a big St. Louis Cardinals fan) but I have been watching USC play this year. They are a fantastic team and I have become a devoted fan! The play- offs and the series were incredible and the team and coaches have become hero's here in South Carolina. I wonder if any of you from outside the state had a chance to watch any of the games?
I had to have a tee shirt and went out and bough one first thing yesterday morning! I had Terry take the pictures on the left that show the fans welcoming the team back home last night. I almost went went down to the party myself but I had a meeting and had to settle for watching the celebration on TV.
I continue to work out 3 days a week and have upped my program to a two mile fast walk followed by about 30-40 minutes on the machines and then an hour of water aerobics. I've been feeling great and have been building up my muscles. I weigh about 170 and the shirt I am wearing is a medium. I don't think I have been in this good of shape since high school.
Enough for now. If this goes out as planned, I will send another in a few hours.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment