Sunday, April 24, 2011

Happy Easter



It is early Thursday morning here but I wanted to at least start this update. I hope I will be able to finish and post it later today. As usual, I have either been feeling good or bad and that is why I haven't updated my blog in almost one month. I will get rid of the bad stuff first and then finish up with what has been good.


First, my step-father, Marvin "Midge" Brown passed away on Friday. Midge married my mom in 1968, the same year that Terry and I were married. He was good to and for mom and they enjoyed many years together before she passed away. Midge was also the only grandfather that my children ever knew and he was very good to them. To me, Midge was a good man who was always ready to help me fix things that were broken (mostly things with motors) and lend a hand when needed. He was also very good to Terry. We will all miss him


I have been fighting another round of pneumonia and bronchitis for the last three weeks. I haven't been able to go to the pool/gym and have lost weight. I weighed myself this morning and I am back to 162 pounds. I'm afraid that most of what I lost was muscles tissue that I had been slowly building up during the last few months. Oh well, I guess I will just have to start over.


I think I am now over the pneumonia and have been feeling much better the last two days. However, this morning I had some dental surgery. My dentist removed one tooth and replaced it with an implant. The procedure took less than an hour and cost me $2,000! In about two week, he will attach a new tooth to the implant and I will be as good as new. I am becoming a bionic man! Thank God the stock market has been going up.


Enough of the bad news and on with the good. We are having a very early and warm spring and my garden and yard looks great! The dogwoods and other flowering trees and vines have been beautiful as were the azaleas. Now I have peonies, iris , roses and various other flowers that are blooming like crazy and the lilies will start opening shortly. I have stuff coming up that I can't even remember planting and every day brings new growth. I have been taking a bunch of pictures and will send some along with this blog.


We are planning to visit our friends, the Colemans, in Beaufort during the first weekend in May and will go to New York on May 20 -24. I have to get better quickly and build up my strength. I also have a bunch of other things going on and the next few months will be busy.


The cats are doing very well and have been providing a lot of 'fur power' to help me get over this rough spot. As usual, Terry has been a great doctor/nurse/chauffeur and I owe her a bunch! I have also been doing the 'throat stretching' exercise at home and while it is a little difficult, it doesn't take that long to do the procedure. Terry took some pictures but I'm not sure you want to see them!


That's about it for now. As usual, I would appreciate any and all comments.

I hope you have a wonderful Easter.


No comments:

Post a Comment