Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Sunday May 15, 2011

I will start this tonight and hopefully will be able to finish it tomorrow. Again, a long time has passed since my last blog entry and I have been busy. We have had a wonderful spring here in Columbia and my garden has been growing like crazy! I have a lot of flowers blooming and many more that are still in bud. I have also planted some containers of tomatoes, peppers and squash and I am looking forward to eating some fresh produce out of my own garden!


Terry and I spent last weekend in Beaufort with our friends the Coleman's. We had a wonderful time and I took several pictures. I'll send a few along with this blog. As you may remember, the Coleman's have a fantastic home on the marsh at a place called Bull Point. I sent some picture of their house and the trees in earlier blogs. Some of the 'live oak' trees there are a few hundred years old and the largest one must be 20' in diameter. It is hard to really appreciate these trees from photo's but I tried.

We are going to New York on Friday and will be there for about 5 days. Terry's and her 4 sisters are giving a party for Terry's stepmother's 80th birthday. I haven't been back to New York for a number of years so it will also be somewhat of a reunion for me. Tana, Scott and his roommate are also coming as well as Terry's sisters children and about 40 others. I am looking forward to seeing everyone but it should be bedlam at best when everyone gets together!

It is now Friday morning and we will be leaving for New York via Charlotte in about 5 hours. I obviously didn't get this finished as planned so I am just going to add a few more pictures and send it off. I promise to write an update as soon as I get back from New York
.

The last five pictures above were taken in Beaufort. The last one if of Terry, Jay and Marleen Coleman that was taken at a food festival in downtown Beaufort. Above that is a picture of some newly hatched Cardinals in a nest that is very close to the Coleman's front porch. The others are shots at Bull Point including one of yours truly at the pool. (The water was a little cool but the hot tub was wonderful.) The three pictures above our cats show some of the flowers in my back yard. I have more flowers that have bloomed since these pictures were taken.

That's all for now. I have to get at least a few hours of sleep! Please don't fill up my mail box with jokes, etc. while I'm gone but comments on the blog are always appreciated.

2 comments:

  1. Great pics as usual, good you are having some fun and feeling soooo much better! Bobbi

    ReplyDelete
  2. ALWAYS A DELIGHT TO HEAR FROM YOU AND SEE THE PICTURES. YOU DO A GREAT JOB. WE GO ONE DAY AT A TIME. AT PRESENT i AM FRIGHTING A LUNG INFECTION. SAW DR. TODAY AND NEXT TEST IS BRONCOSCOP. SEEMS I HAVE NODULES ON MY LUNG AND THEY WANT TO CHECK ALL AREAS OUT. GOOD NEWS IS THAT THE NODGLES HAVE NOT GROWN SINCE LAST SCAN ON MARCH 13. THE BIG QUESTIONS IS WHY DO I KEEP HAVING THESE INFECTIONS. HOPE WE FIND OUT SOON. GLAD YOU COULD GET TO NY. WERE YOU IN THE CITY? PLEASE EXCUSE MISTAKES. THANKS FOR KEEPING UP WITH ME. GOD BE WITH YOU, NANCY

    ReplyDelete