Saturday, December 11, 2010

Saturday 12-11-10











Not much has happened since my last blog except that it has turned very cold here in Columbia. We broke a record earlier this week when the temperature dropped to 16 degrees. It has been cold all week and next week doesn't sound much better. I hate winter!

I took a few pictures of my yard and garden today. You can see that almost all of my plants are gone but I hope most of them come back next year. Most of my flower beds are mulched with ground up leaves and pine straw and I hope this will provide some protection. It isn't supposed to get this cold here, especially this early. Global cooling?

I have been feeling good since my last 'throat stretching' and have actually gained a few pounds. My appetite seems to have returned somewhat and I am eating much better. I continue to work out three days a week and have stepped up my walking and work on the Nautilus machines. I also continue to do an hour of water aerobics three days a week. I am slowly building up my muscles and can even notice the difference.

It's hard to believe that Christmas is only two weeks off! Our daughter, Tana is coming in from LA on the 24th and will stay until the 29th. It will be good to see her again. Scott isn't coming home for Christmas but we will meet him in Miami on January 2nd and then go on a seven day cruise. It will be good to get out of the cold!

That's about all the news. Thank you much for all the comments on my last blog. Please send more.

























































































3 comments:

  1. Good to hear you're doing so well Bernie. I'm headed to Duke tomorrow. The 13th. Hoping for a quick trip. Thanks for the update.
    Mike

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, the poor flowers are done for a few months now. It will be wonderful again in Feb & Mar with daffodils and maybe a tulip or so. Forsythia, spirea and then the wonderful azaleas. See you tomorrow! Glad everything is going so well again!Bobbi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bernie- You should see it up here. We have 8in of snow and a weather prediction of below freezing thru Christmas. The kids are out sled riding and had snow days this week. Every kids dream. Glad you are getting better and will have a chance to enjoy your kids this Christmas. Merry Christmas to you and Terry from Marilyn and I.......Bob Mc

    ReplyDelete