Saturday, December 25, 2010

December 25, 2010












Merry Christmas everyone and my best wishes for a happy, healthy New Year!

Last night, Terry & I drove to Charlotte to pick up our daughter, Tana, at the airport. She came in from Los Angeles and will be with us until December 28. It is nice to have her home again. This is actually her second visit this year.

Today we are just hanging around and enjoying being inside. It is cold here in Columbia and we may get a little snow this evening. Oh joy!! People go nuts around here at the mere mention of snow. They actually closed all the schools once because snow was forested. It never got here but everyone flocked to the stores and supermarkets to stock up on food, just in case.

Tana and I watched the midnight mass from Rome last night on TV. Terry went to bed but went to the 10:00 o'clock mass this morning with our friend, Meinda, who will also join us for Christmas dinner this afternoon. We are having turkey with all the trimmings plus a tofu turkey for Terry and Tana.

Terry took me to Charleston on Wednesday for another operation to stretch my throat. This is getting to be a pain in the neck (pun intended) and the doctor now plans to do the next operations with less and less anesthesia until he can do it without putting me under. After that, he will train me to do the stretching myself with some kind of rubber tube contraption. I sure hope it doesn't come to that but if this is what it takes, so be it.

On January 2, Terry & I will fly to Miami and meet our son Scott and take the following cruise:

Celebrity Eclipse, departs 1/2/11, 6 nights. We will visit the following ports.
Miami, FL
depart - 4:30pm
Jan 3
At Sea

Jan 4
Montego Bay, Jamaica
9:00am
5:00pm

Jan 5
Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands
8:00am
4:00pm

Jan 6
Cozumel, Mexico
9:00am
6:00pm

Jan 7
At Sea

Jan 8
Miami, FL
7:00am

We are looking forward to some warm weather. I feel the cold a lot more now that I have lost so much weight and it has been unseasonably cold here-especially for this time of year.

We didn't write a Christmas letter this year so this will have to suffice. I have a record going back for almost a year if anyone is interested in looking at previous blogs. I appreciate all the comments that you have sent me during this year and all the prayers and good wishes. Thank you all. I will try to keep this blog up as long as anyone is interested.
Have a good one!


9 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see pictures from your cruise. Please wish the family a merry from me and Chuck

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome Berni...hope you can eat some of that great food.
    Henry Martin

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very Merry Christmas from Carmen and I. Your cruise sounds great. Enjoy yourselves!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like good holidays and nice Tana could enjoy it with you. Have a great time on the cruise and you can show them all the snow you left behind! See you next year! Bobbi

    ReplyDelete
  5. So happy for you to go on a cruise, hope you have the most wonderful time and feel good too. We wish for you a much better, healthier year than the past one. Looking forward to pictures of your cruise. Enjoy!! Dale & Dee

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Ohio State pullover looks like it fits you well! And Mom looks great in her shawl. I can't believe you guys got snow and we didn't! I'm sure the entire city was paralyzed... Love, Scott

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bernie, Have a great time on the cruise! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all of you. May God continue to bless you and bless all of us with you!
    Mike

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Bernie and Terry,
    Glad you had a Merry Christmas! We hope you have a nice visit with Scott and a wonderful time on your cruise. Take care, love, Kari Jo, Doug and Alex

    ReplyDelete