Monday, September 12, 2011

Sunday - September 11, 2011 Con't-

Blue Crabs turn pink after they are cooked!  I'll show you what they look like before steaming.

This is the 'before' picture.  The crabs are still alive and pinching --
All steamed up and ready to eat.  They were really good!!
This is a picture of Marleen & Jay Coleman steaming the crabs and getting them ready to eat. 

This picture of the Coleman's back yard was taken through the bathroom window of 'my' room.  Note the beautiful live oak trees and the Spanish moss.
We are now back in Columbia.  This is a picture of an 'Obedient' plant in my back yard.  The plant isn't obedient at all and it spreads like wild fire if you don't keep it under control.  However, it is one of the few plants that are still in bloom.

I showed a picture of this plant in my July blog and said it looked something like Wisteria.  I just found out that it is a type of wisteria but it doesn't spread like the wild stuff that takes over entire trees if you're not careful with it.  This plant is also fragrant and it has been blooming all summer.  The Botanical Name for it is: Milletia Reticulata Benth if you are interested in such things.

Here is a picture of my 'candlestick plants' that I also showed in a previous blog.  These plants are doing well and I hope they bloom before it gets too cold.  They have large clusters of yellow flowers.  As you can see, not much is blooming in my garden but if you look closely you can see a orange and a white Canna and some purple sage in bloom in the background.

And for my last shot, here is a picture of Chicky sacked out on the Sunday newswpaper.

Don't forget to look at my previous blog that I sent earlier today without any pictures.  All comments are appreciated.



No comments:

Post a Comment