Saturday, July 23, 2011

Saturday July 23, 2011

Time sure goes by quickly when you're having fun - or at least feeling good! It has been almost a month since I updated this blog and it's time to send some new pictures and a brief outline of what has been happening to us here in Columbia, SC.
First off, I have been feeling very good and have gained some more weight. I'm now up to around 175 pounds but I have hit 180 a few times. I hope most of the weight gain is muscle but it is time to scale back on my eating a bit. I don't want to weigh more than 180! I have been able to eat just about anything I want and also have been able to increase my portion size. I guess my stomach 'bulge' is redeveloping - I didn't think that would happen. I haven't had any problem swallowing. In fact, I stretched my throat this morning for the first time in about 10 days and it really didn't need stretching. Maybe all the food I am eating is keeping it open.
It has really been hot here, but what else is new around the USA! I think we had some 45 days when the temperature reached at least 90 degrees during June and July and now we are reaching as high as 105 with heat factors ranging up into the 115+ degrees with little relief in sight. I just went out and turned the hose on my plants and trees. I have to water the container plants twice a day and now I am watering my fig tree since the branches are drooping. The figs are now ripening and they are delicious! We have to fight the birds to get to them first. I am still picking peppers, tomatoes and some squash - The red, yellow and green peppers have been wonderful.
Okay, let's see if I can add some pictures without screwing everything up. I think I will save the above first since I'm never sure what will happen next with this blog--.
Well, that didn't work very well. I uploaded a bunch of pictures but they didn't appear here as planned. I will send this as is and then send a new blog with the pictures and more comments.
I hope you are all well and enjoying the summer---

1 comment:

  1. Bernie, I continue to marvel at your garden and plants. Also I marvel at you and your determination to keep going and enjoy life no matter what. It is always a pleasure to read your Blog. thanks so much for sharing. Nancy Humphreys

    ReplyDelete