Sunday, June 19, 2011

Sunday - June 20, 2011 - Father's Day

Miss Mimm's 86th Birthday Lunch.

I can't believe it! I just put together a long blog update and I lost it before I could send it out. And this was such a good day up until now. Well, I guess I will just have to start again and see how much I can remember.
I think I started out by saying that I have had a great week and weekend. Friday was my 72nd birthday and I have been cancer free for over 14 months. I feel good, both physically and mentally, and I am looking forward to celebrating many more birthdays. I have also be alcohol free for over a year and a half and my outlook on life has changed. I am a much happier person than I have been in a long time and I have a more positive positive outlook on life in general. I am still very worried about the economy of this country and the world and I am not at all happy with our government. I continue to speak my mind on these subjects and although I'm not sure if I can do any good, I think we all need to at least try.
I have been exercising hard three days a week at the gym/pool I belong to and today I got a little more exercise in today at my pool here at the house. I still have a little congestion in my lungs and I am taking some medication to clear it up. I will see my doctor tomorrow and hopefully he can get me completely well. Meanwhile, I am building muscle and keeping my weight around 170 pounds. I'm in better shape than I've been in years and Terry says that I will outlive everyone. I sure hope not!
We have been busy since returning from our trip to New York. I will try to attach some pictures as I go so I don't loose everything like I did in the blog I wrote earlier. I may just post this thing in pieces--
A few weeks ago my gym/pool group had a luncheon for one of our members who had just turned 96 years old! She still lives alone and takes the bus to the gym. What an inspiration she is to all of us. Attached is one of the pictures I took at her party.
A week ago Saturday, we had a huge garage sale. A friend of ours and his wife helped us sort through and price a bunch of stuff we accumulated over the years that we needed to get rid of. It took us about two weeks to get everything ready and we scheduled the sale from 8:00 - 2:00. People started arriving before 7:00 AM and I wasn't able to close the garage door until 4:00! Our friends also had added a bunch of their stuff and we sold a lot of what we had put out. We're going to auction some of what's left and give the rest to charity. We still have a bunch of other more valuable things like copper, brass, pictures and some jewelery that my friend is helping me sell on eBay. Terry says that our house is still cluttered and I don't think she will be really happy until the walls are bare and the closets are empty! I am attaching some photos of the sale and they will probably go to the top of this blog instead of here where I want them. This computer is really beginning to tee me off!

3 comments:

  1. That's a great picture of you and Mom. 72 years, 14 months and a year and a half are all fantastic milestones you can be very proud of! Love, Scott

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Son. Good luck in Baltimore.
    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wish you had told us about your yard sale-we love them! Get lots of things for the PAALS charity by buying the recycled! YOu look so good-just wish I got to see you more-stay healthy!
    Jen

    ReplyDelete